This tantalizing salted caramel cheesecake mousse is the perfect indulgence to satisfy your sweet tooth. Made with a creamy combination of cream cheese, caramel, and heavy cream, then topped with cookie crumbs to give it a crunchy texture, this mousse is a delightful treat. Preparing the mousse requires only fifteen minutes of your time, and produces enough of the delicious dessert for six servings.
- To start, you will need to make a salted caramel sauce. Gently heat sugar and water in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Once a deep golden caramel is achieved, carefully add butter, cream, and salt flakes.
- Mix the ingredients together and transfer the caramel to a heatproof bowl to cool.
- For the mousse, combine the cream cheese and caramel in a large bowl.
- Once blended, use an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream into soft peaks.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then the other half.
- Finally, divide the mixture evenly into six serving cups or dishes.
- Refrigerate the mousse for at least one hour, and top with caramel popcorn before serving.
This mousse is a wonderful dessert to share with family and friends. It is sure to impress any guests with its velvety texture, infused with a comforting sweet and slightly salty flavor. Furthermore, the caramel popcorn topping makes it extra special and eye-catching.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: Can the mousse be made ahead of time?
A1: Absolutely. This mousse can keep in the fridge for up to three days, making it an ideal dessert for those who want to prepare it in advance. Just remember to cover the mousse with plastic wrap.
Q2: What is the ideal consistency for this mousse?
A2: The mousse should be smooth and creamy. If it is too grainy, you can beat it with an electric mixer until it has the desired texture.
Q3: What can I serve this salted caramel cheesecake mousse with?
A3: This mousse pairs especially well with fresh berries, such as raspberries, for a tart balance. Alternatively, you can also pair it with nut or oat-based biscuits for a contrast of textures.
With these simple steps and delicious ingredients, you can make this outstanding salted caramel cheesecake mousse that is full of flavor and sure to impress. To make this recipe you’ll need granulated sugar, water, unsalted butter, heavy cream, sea salt flakes, cream cheese.