This savory and flavourful Paleo Beef Stroganoff is the perfect weeknight meal – all done in a single skillet! Hearty and comforting, with aromatic vegetables, tender steak and a creamy coconut cream sauce, this dish is Whole30 compliant and works equally well with Keto and low-carb diets. With just a few ingredients and about 40 minutes on hand, you can whip up this satisfying meal for your family.
- To start, heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat and add the slices of top sirloin or tenderloin.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and let it cook for 3 minutes to get golden brown. Then turn the steak over, and cook the other side until it is browned. Remove the cooked steak to a plate and set it aside. You can also use the precooked leftovers of steak or roast from the previous day.
- Next, lower the heat to medium. When ghee is melted, add the thinly sliced onions, and sauté them for 3 minutes until they have softened and become fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms (optional) and continue to sauté for approximately 5 to 7 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- Then stir in the minced garlic (optional), and sauté for 1 more minute. Add beef broth, coconut aminos and arrowroot and mix.
- Pour this mixture into the skillet, and combine with the vegetables.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut cream, lemon juice, mustard and pinch of sea salt.
- Then stir the coconut cream mixture, along with the cooked steak, into the skillet and mix it until everything is combined.
- Add additional salt and pepper if needed, and heat through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or low-carb veggie noodles. Enjoy!
Q. What are some of the health benefits of this Asian Fusion Beef Stroganoff?
A. This meal provides all the essential nutrients needed to support a healthy lifestyle. It’s gluten-free, keto, low-carb and Whole30 compliant, making it suitable for a variety of diets. Plus, all of these nutrients are packed into a single delicious and savory dish.
Q. How long does it take to make this meal?
A. Prep time for this meal is 10 minutes, and cook time is 30 minutes, so it’s a great choice for a busy weeknight.