This easy and delicious no-bake cookie recipe will be a hit with the whole family. No need to worry if you have dietary restrictions, as you can substitute regular oats with gluten free oats.
- Begin by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Next, take a medium saucepan and combine the butter, sugar, milk, cocoa, and salt; then heat over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Once melted, bring to a boil and let it simmer for 1 minute before removing from the heat.
- Now you can add the vanilla extract and peanut butter, mixing until fully combined.Next, place the oats in a large bowl, then pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats. Stir them until both ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Now, with a spoon or an ice cream scoop, make the cookies the size and shape you desire; then place them onto the prepared baking sheets.
- If you like your cookies thick and fluffy you can let the mixture cool before you form them.Finally, refrigerate the cookies until they are firm and chilled.
Once cooled, you will have a tray of delicious, no-bake cookies that can be stored for up to a week in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: How do I make sure the cookies are crunchy?
A: For the best crunchy cookies, let the mixture boil for 1 minute before removing it from the heat. This will ensure the sugar is fully dissolved and your cookies have the desired crunch.
Q: Can I substitute the oats with a different ingredient?
A: Yes, if you need to make them gluten-free, you can use gluten-free oats instead.
Q: How can I get cookies with a different texture?
A: If you want a softer cookie, you can let the mixture cool before forming them. Alternatively, if you want them to be thicker and fluffier, let the mixture cool slightly before forming them.