This delicious and quick-to-make strawberry mousse is easy! This recipe only requires 10 minutes to make and is sure to be adored by your family and friends. This mousse uses very few ingredients to produce the best result but feel free to switch out the cream cheese with mascarpone cheese if desired. The cream cheese not only adds flavor but helps to stabilize the mousse as well.
The combination of sweet strawberries, creamy cream cheese, and a hint of vanilla creates a delightful and light dessert that can leave you wanting more.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- To begin, mash the hulled strawberries with sugar using a food processor.
- Then, add the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and orange liquor (optional) and mix for several seconds.
- After that, it’s time to whip the heavy cream and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Once the ingredients are combined, spoon or pipe the mousse into 3-4 serving dishes.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours before serving and garnish with fresh strawberries, grated white chocolate, mint, or chocolate-covered strawberries for an extra added touch.
Q: What is the best way to serve the mousse?
A: The mousse is best served chilled in individual dishes, along with fresh slices of strawberry, grated white chocolate, mint, or chocolate-covered strawberries.
Q: How long do I need to chill the mousse?
A: The mousse needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving, but it can stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Q: Can I use something other than cream cheese in the mousse?
A: Yes, mascarpone cheese can be substituted for cream cheese. It adds significant flavor to the mousse and also helps to stabilize it.