Homemade applesauce is a sweet, easy-to-make treat that can be enjoyed hot, warm, or chilled! With just a few basic ingredients, you can whip up a delicious batch of applesauce in no time. This recipe yields two cups of delicious applesauce that can be enjoyed for up to one week in the refrigerator.
How to Prepare:
- To create the perfect applesauce, begin by peeling and slicing four medium apples.
- Place these slices along with a half cup of water, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt into a medium pot, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and, stirring occasionally, allow the apples to cook until they become tender and start to break apart.
- The time this takes will depend on how chunky you want you applesauce to be, so this could take anywhere from 15 minutes to a half an hour.
- Once the apples have softened to your liking, remove the pot from the heat and proceed to mash or blend the apples depending on how smooth or chunky you want your final product to be.
- You can also add sugar or other sweeteners to taste at this stage. Finally, serve the applesauce hot, warm or chilled.
Q: How long will this recipe take to prepare?
A: This recipe can be prepared in about 15-30 minutes, depending on how chunky you want the applesauce to be.
Q: How long will the applesauce last?
A: The applesauce will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, and can be stored in the freezer for up to a few months.
Q: Can I add other ingredients to the applesauce?
A: Yes, you can add other ingredients to the applesauce such as sugar or other sweeteners to taste, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg.