A delicious batch of vanilla cupcakes is the perfect treat for any special occasion. Moist, fluffy, and easy to make, this classic recipe is sure to please. With a mix of basic pantry ingredients and your favorite flavor of frosting, you can create this recipe in 40 minutes.
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a regular-sized muffin tin with paper liners or grease the tin with butter.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this aside.
- Next, in a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light, fluffy, and creamy – this should take about three minutes.
- Beat in two large eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Then, on low speed, add in half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
- Continue to alternate between adding the milk and the rest of the dry ingredients, mixing only until both are just combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups. Do not overfill – fill only 3/4 of the muffin cup so the dough has space to rise.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
Allow the cupcakes to sit for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Unfrosted cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 2months.
To finish the cupcakes, choose between three delicious frostings: Vanilla Buttercream, Cream Cheese Frosting, or Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Each frosting recipe yields a different amount, so make sure to adjust the recipe according to your desired dessert size.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What temperature do I need to preheat the oven to?
A: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Q: How long do I need to bake the cupcakes for?
A: Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes.
Q: How should I store the cupcakes?
A: Unfrosted cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or in the freezer for up to two months.
Q: How many frosting options are available for the cupcakes?
A: There are three frosting options you can choose from: Vanilla Buttercream, Cream Cheese Frosting, and Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
Q: How much frosting should I prepare depending on the size of my cupcakes?
A: Make sure to adjust your frosting recipe according to the size of your cupcakes – regular sized or mini sized.