If you’re looking for an indulgent yet easy dessert for the holidays, these Mint Brownies are the perfect treat! A classic chocolate-mint combination of rich, fudgy brownies and smooth chocolate ganache topping, this recipe is sure to satisfy everyone’s cravings. The velvety texture of the brownies comes from the combination of melted dark chocolate and the addition of peppermint extract for a unique sweetness. The chocolate ganache topping adds a silky, melted chocolate layer that contrasts perfectly with the crunchy edges of the brownies.
Making your own dessert doesn’t have to be intimidating or time-consuming. This easy-to-follow recipe requires only a few simple steps, and the result is sure to be a winner.
Making the Brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large heatproof bowl, melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter together in 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval.
- Whisk in sugar until the mixture is fully combined, then add the eggs and peppermint extract and whisk vigorously until shiny.
- Fold in the all-purpose flour and salt and combine.
- Finally, fold in the dark chocolate chips or chunks.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are set but the center is still soft. Let the brownies cool completely on a wire rack.
Making the Chocolate Ganache Topping:
- In a heatproof bowl, heat the heavy cream and chocolate together in 20-30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each interval until the mixture is completely melted.
- Pour the ganache evenly over the cooled brownies and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!