This tasty cookie dough recipe is sure to tantalize taste buds and bring smiles to even the pickiest of eaters.
- Start by heating up the flour (either in the oven or the microwave) to 165°F/74°C for the best consistency. This helps to bring out the flavors and create a deliciously smooth texture.
- Then, beat the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract in a mixer until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is creamy.
- Next, add the flour and beat until combined, then add the heavy cream and beat until creamy.
- To complete the delectable treat, stir in the chocolate chips to create a treat that’s sure to please.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, scoop the edible cookie dough into individual servings and store in the fridge if not eating right away or in the freezer for up to two months.
- When ready to eat, thaw the cookie dough overnight in the fridge or let sit at room temperature for an hour before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is edible cookie dough suitable for kids to eat?
A: Although edible cookie dough is usually made without eggs to reduce the risk of salmonella, it still contains raw flour, which can contain harmful bacteria. Therefore, it is best to check with your pediatrician before allowing children to eat edible cookie dough.
Q2: How can edible cookie dough be reheated?
A: Edible cookie dough can be microwaved for a few seconds to warm up the ingredients and make them taste even more delicious. Make sure to watch it closely so that it does not overheat.
Q3: How should I store edible cookie dough?
A: Uncooked cookie dough should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for two months.