A classic cheesecake recipe is always a delight. This simple version provides a delicious result in a fraction of the time with easy-to-follow steps.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350° F (180°C) and set that aside. In a medium bowl, mix the vanilla wafer crumbs and butter until the mixture is moistened.
- Place this in a 9-inch springform pan and press it with your fingers or the bottom of a glass, forming an even layer. Bake this for 8-10 minutes until it is golden brown and set it aside to cool.
- Next, you’re ready to make the filling. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until it is lump-free and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the sugar and blend until combined.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time so it’s fully incorporated and then add cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix until it’s smooth.
- Finally, pour the batter over the cooled crust and spread it evenly.
- At this point, you can either bake the cake in a 375°F (190°C) water bath, or without one in a 425°F (220°C) oven for about 10 minutes, followed by a lower temperature of 225°F (110°C) for about an hour.
- When the cheesecake is finished, it needs to cool completely to room temperature.
Making this classic cheesecake is a breeze. It only requires a few simple ingredients and a moderate amount of time and patience. Not only is the recipe delicious, it also makes a great presentation piece.
The ingredients come together harmoniously to create a creamy texture, with a hint of lemon zest to brighten the flavor. The crunchy base is perfect for the creamy topping, helping to balance out the richness. The result is a tasty treat that your guests will love.
Q. What kind of wafer crumbs do I need for this recipe?
A. Vanilla wafer crumbs are best for this recipe, as their sweet flavor complements the other ingredients perfectly. You can easily pulse them in a food processor or blender until they become a finely ground texture.
Q. How long should I refrigerate the cheesecake?
A. We recommend refrigerating the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. This will ensure that the filling has time to set before cutting into it.
Q. Do I have to use the topping?
A. No, you don’t have to use the topping. The cheesecake is still delicious without it.