This decadent Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. It’s the ideal treat for special occasions, or simply because you deserve a treat. With layers of creamy peanut butter mousse and indulgent dark chocolate ganache, your taste buds won’t know what hit them! And optional layers like roasted peanuts, brownies, and more give this parfait a delightful texture that is sure to please.
Making this parfait is a relatively straightforward process and requires just a few simple steps.
How to Prepare:
- To begin, prepare the chocolate ganache by combining chopped dark chocolate and heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate, stirring gently until completely melted and smooth.
- Then, make the peanut butter mousse by combining cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until it holds its shape.
- Fold this whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture with a spatula and your mousse is ready!
- Finally, layer two alternating mixtures into each jar, adding any additional ingredients (like chopped peanuts or chocolate candy) of your choice.
Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
A: This recipe will yield 6 individual cups or jars.
Q: Are there any special steps I should take while making this recipe?
A: To ensure the best possible outcome, take care to stir the chocolate ganache gently and mix the peanut butter mousse until it is completely smooth.
Q: Are there any ingredients that can be added or subtracted from this recipe?
A: Feel free to add other options such as chopped peanuts, brownie pieces, chocolate cake, or chocolate peanut butter cups between the layers of chocolate and peanut butter mousse. You can also top the parfaits with more of these ingredients or freshly whipped cream, if desired.
Q: How should I store any leftovers?
A: Any leftover parfaits will keep for up to 4 days refrigerated.
Q: Can this recipe be vegan or gluten-free?
A: Yes, this recipe can be made vegan by substituting the dairy ingredients with vegan friendly alternatives, and gluten-free by using gluten-free ingredients in the mousse and ganache.