This classic pumpkin bread recipe is warm, moist, and deliciously spiced. Made with a combination of all-purpose flour and pumpkin puree, this bread is a wonderful autumn-inspired treat. Perfect for snack time, dessert, or even breakfast, this pumpkin bread is sure to satisfy any craving. With a prep time of only 15 minutes and cook time of under an hour, you can whip up this recipe with ease and enjoy it in no time.
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- To make this pumpkin bread, start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 inch pan.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix them together.
- Separately, beat the eggs and sugar until combined in the standup mixer.
- Now, pour in the oil, add the pumpkin puree, and sour cream and whisk again until the ingredients are blended.
- Spoon the liquid dough to the dry ingredients and mix together gently just until it is thoroughly blended.
- Once the batter is ready, pour it into the prepared pan.
- Bake it for 60 minutes (or longer – until the toothpick comes out clean).
- Once it is done, allow the bread to cool in pan on a wire rack.
- It can be refrigerated for 5 days or it can also be frozen for up to 2 months., but should be served at room temperature so it’s soft and moist when served.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How long does the pumpkin bread last?
A: If stored properly in an airtight container, this pumpkin bread will last up to 5 days in the fridge. Alternatively, if frozen, it can last up to two months.
Q: How can I keep my pumpkin bread from burning while baking?
A: Cover it loosely with aluminum foil about halfway through baking to prevent it from browning too much.
Q: What is the difference between pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling?
A: Pumpkin puree is just the pumpkin flesh with the skin and seeds removed and then pureed until smooth. Pumpkin pie filling consists of sugar, spices, and sometimes other flavorings.