This dinner-time favorite is chock-full of fresh natural ingredients and bold flavors. The Easy Homemade Chili Recipe is sure to please even the most discerning palate. It’s easy to make and highly customizable too. This delicious chili is packed with nutritious ingredients like lean ground beef, kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, and flavorful spices. The prep and cook times are quick, taking just 50 minutes until it’s cooked and ready to serve. It’s also low in cost, costing just $9.28 to make the entire recipe.
Making The Best Homemade Chili Recipe:
- First, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add in the diced onion and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Add the ground beef and sauté until it is properly cooked through.
- Add the drained beans to the pot, along with the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water and chili seasoning. Stir the ingredients together until everything is well incorporated.
- Allow the chili to simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This step helps to ensure the chili has a rich flavor, and the spices marry together nicely.
- Taste the chili and adjust the additional seasonings if desired.
- Serve the chili hot with your favorite toppings.
This chili is bound to become a family favorite. Prepare it ahead of time, or whip it up in the evening for a fast and delicious meal.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What makes this EASY Homemade Chili Recipe so great?
A: This chili recipe is fast, easy to make and bursting with flavor. Its unique blend of ingredients and robust spices makes it far more interesting than standard chili recipe. Plus, it’s highly customizable with plenty of ways to make it your own.
Q: Does this chili recipe require any specialized ingredients?
A: The chili seasoning used in this recipe is a mild blend of dried chilies and spices, meaning it will not be overly spicy or hot. You can find it pre-packaged or can make your own blend at home.
Q: How long should I cook the chili?
A: For the best results, let the chili simmer on low heat for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This helps to ensure all of the ingredients marry together and the flavors deepen.
Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
A: This recipe yields roughly 6 servings when split evenly. That being said, it can easily be adjusted to serve more or less, depending on your needs.
Q: Can I make this chili ahead of time?
A: Absolutely. This chili recipe can be cooked ahead and reheated before serving. Alternatively, let it simmer on low heat right before serving so that it’s nice and hot.