This easy, four-ingredient puff pastry apple tart is perfect for any occasion! Puff pastry encases a sweet-tart filling of apples and sugar, and is finished off with a delightful layer of melted butter. The combination of ingredients creates a rustic, satisfying dessert that will quickly become a favorite.
- To begin, preheat the oven to 400F/250C and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry into two strips, each being 3.5×12 inches (9×30 cm).
- Peel and core the apples, slicing them thinly and arranging on top of the pastry.
- Sprinkle each tart with half of the sugar and brush with half of the melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tart is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Finally, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional) and serve warm or at room temperature, with a scoop of ice cream if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the ingredients for this tart?
A: This tart requires only four ingredients: frozen and thawed puff pastry, two or three apples of your choice such as Granny Smith, 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
Q: How long does it take to make this tart?
A: This tart takes just under 40 minutes to make, including the 15-minute preparation and 25-minute baking time.
Q: Is this tart vegan-friendly?
A: Unfortunately, no. The puff pastry and butter in this recipe make it unsuitable for vegan diets.