This scrumptious Chili con Carne is packed with incredible flavors, making it perfect to share with friends and family. Delectably spicy, flavorful, and satisfying, it is sure to become a crowd-pleaser. Served with rice or tortillas, this hearty meal can feed 8 to 10 people.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- To get started, heat olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onions, garlic, carrots, celery, peppers, and chili peppers. Cook until they begin to soften, about five minutes.
- Next, increase the heat to medium-high and add ground beef and break it up with a spoon to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Cook until it is no longer pink and is browned on all sides; usually 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, paprika, and cinnamon, then add canned tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, beans, and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot with a lid and lower the heat. Cook on a steady simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender, and the juices have darkened and thickened.
- The longer it cooks, the better. If the mixture appears dry, add a few tablespoons of water, and you’ will have a thick, juicy, and delicious chili. Serve with rice or sour cream and enjoy!
For a complete meal, serve with rice and sour cream and enjoy. This chili will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the best way to serve Chili con Carne?
A: This comforting chili is best served with rice or tortillas and topped with sour cream.
Q: How long will Chili con Carne keep in the fridge?
A: When properly stored, this Chili con Carne will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Q: Can I adjust the spiciness of this dish?
A: Yes, the level of heat can be adjusted to your liking by adding more or less chili peppers.
Q: What’s the best way to prepare the beef for this recipe?
A: Make sure to break the beef into small pieces with a spoon before adding it to the pot. This will ensure that all the flavors and spices properly mix together.
Q: Can I make this dish in advance?
A: Sure! Chili con Carne can be prepped in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to eat.